Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Brain Dump

I need to do a bit of a brain dump so the stress doesn't get to me too much. 

Wednesday night at fencing practice, I was feeling well.  I had some good fights with Lissa, with both of us using curved blades.  I had some great passes with Andre .  I was enjoying my passes with Thomas DeCastellan, until I wasn't.  My leg shifted over the ankle and I was done for.  Just when I start to feel good and am getting back into the swing of things, something happens to hamper any progress.  It is so damn frustrating.  My legs were finally feeling better after Mudthaw.

In non-fencing news, work is going well, if not a little slow at the moment.  My projects are all in a state where they are on autopilot after this weekend's go live.  Thankfully that went smoothly  It's about thing that went smooth all weekend. 

Saturday was my neice's play.  We went and saw he in a production of Matlida.  It was very cute.  Afterwards, we went to my parent's house to help clean some things up that we had left.  Evan was not looking too good or feeling too well.  He went inside and laid down.  We left to come home in the late afternoon.  He fell asleep in the car, and his breathing, even while asleep, was rapid and shallow.  This is on top of the persistant cough he has had for a while.  When we got home, he ate a little, but his breathing was still rapid.  Checking his o2 level, it was a bit low, so we gave him a nebulizer treatment.  Afterwards, his o2 levels had little response to the neb and he was running a fever.  So we packed up some stuff and off to the pediatric ER we went.

We got there a little after 9 PM.  After taking his vitals, they took a chest x-ray and then started another nebulizer.  His levels were not coming up to normal.  They gave him a steroid and antibiotics.  A second neb treatment and a little while later, he vomitted.  They started him on oxygen.  I ran home to get him some clean PJs, and get some more caffine for Jennie and I.  At some point earlier, Murray had come by with coffee and iced tea for us. 

They admitted him and finally moved him up to a room around 3:00 AM.  Jennie was going to stay with him, so I went home to try and get some sleep.  I got about 3 hours of sleep, took a shower, packed some more stuff and headed to the hospital.  I picked up some munchkins and coffee.  When I got there, Evan was awake.  His o2 level was still low.  Overnight, they gave him two nebulizers while he was asleep.  My parents came down to spend time with him and us, providing support. 

At his 2 PM breathing treatment, they switched to an inhaler, now every 4 hours; instead of the nebulizer every 2.  The inhaler is much easier and a whole lot faster.  At this point, his o2 levels were starting to come back into the low end of the normal range.  By the 6 PM check in and breathing treatment by the doctor and the respiratory tech, they were satisified with the progress and the doctor was going to get the discharge paperwork together.  Unfortunately, the local pharmacy we used was already closed, so Jennie had to go out early on Monday to get his medications.  Exhausted when we finally got home, I ordered some food from the local pizza place, as we were just too wiped out to cook at home. 

Monday, I had to report for jury duty.  Thankfully, they filled the panel before I was selected.  I wore my Waldorf and Statler t-shirt as selected by my friends on Facebook.  I really did not want to be there.  Worst part was, I was not allowed to use my phone or computer while I was in the courtroom, so I could not check on work.  Heck, I could not even check Facebook or read from my kindle account. 

Evan had a follow up with his primary care office today.  He's got a follow up with an allergist in May to try and figure out what is causing this and maybe what we can do to prevent it from occuring again, as this is the third year in a row we have taken him to the ER with similar symptoms in the early spring. 

Between the 4 prescriptions from the hospital and the doctor, it was over $400.  I cannot wait to see what the hospital bill and doctor visits is going to be. 

I am exhausted and stressed from this all.  I am constantly worried about my little man now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment