Friday, November 30, 2012

Practice Report - 11/29/12

First practice since the surgery and it went ok; not great, not too terrible.There were only three other fencers there, Brendan Firebow, Gaspar Perrera, and Antonio Patrasso.    I switch back to using a blade length I was familiar with, and I found my sense of distance to be a whole lot better than it was at 100 Minutes War. I think the change in blade length back to something I've used for years is the right call.  Now I just need to work on my stamina.  My arm and body was getting fatigued quickly.  I think I was also over gripping my blade as my hand was hurting.  Some things to work on as always.

Turnout at practice has been getting lighter and lighter over the past few months.  I think a lot of that has to do with the space we are using as it has no heat.  It was cold out last night and inside the space we are fencing in, it was not much warmer.  They are framing out the walls to get insulation and heat in there, but I'm not sure how soon that will be completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment