Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Practice Report - 11/17

Not happy with where my fencing was last night.  I'm relying too much on tricks and not good fencing.  This makes me want to just pack it in for a while.  I know in my mind what I am doing is wrong, but I just can't break the body of the habits and make it do something different.  In part, I wonder if it is due to the new blade.  I think before next week, I am going to drop back to the 38" Darkwood blade, instead of the 45" Castillle.  I wonder if I'm using the length as a crutch to prop up bad fencing.  I have not been this unhappy with the way I have been fencing in quite some time.


The good, well interesting, from last night was Yehuda and Firebow doing some teaching on what they learned at KWAR.  We were doing some very basic things, like finding the blade, which is awkward at the moment since it is new.  It is very similar to what I was doing on Saturday with my bouts against Jean Xavier, but now there is some thought behind it.  I look forward to learning more as I need new skills to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment