Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Practice 5/24 - Quest - Practice 5/31

Practice 5/24

There was a weirdness at practice that I can't put my finger on.  I was still riding high from fencing on Sunday, but I was just not feeling it this time.  I did some fencing and some teaching, but I was not in a good head space and was not comfortable in my gear.  We all have those days.

Quest 5/29

Great day for fencing.  Weather was hot, but the humidity dropped.  Prior to the tournament, I did a bunch of secondary authorizations.  I authorized Jonathan and Ciaren in Case.  I authorized Caoilfhionn and Elizabeth in rigid parry.  Like the dick I am, I made them fence with both the bucklers they were familiar with and a cane, with which neither had practiced.  I can't recall if there was any others at this time.

The tournament was a round robin coin tournament. Since I didn't want to serve as champion, I told the MOL that prior to the start.  My losses were to Melchior and Eleanor Redpath.  With Melchior, for some reason I tried to hit his left shoulder, which he took slightly offline with his dagger while tagging me with a beautiful shot.  Why I went for that target, I have no clue looking back on the bout.  Bad decision making on my part.  

For my loss to Eleanor, I didn't realize how close we had setup prior to the bout and she made me pay for it with a quick one shot to my belly under my buckler.  I barely had a chance to even get set and I was dead as can be.  So very proud of her.  Kicking myself a little, but I needed a reminder like that,

I wound up finishing tied with Garrick for second place with an record of 11-2.  Firebow came in first place with the same record, but more coins.  

Ev needed a nap and I needed a cup of A/C and some food, so we left soon after the fencing tournament completed.  

Practice 5/31

I was having an off night with motivation, but once I finally got up and moving, I had a good time. I got to fence Ronan, Antonio, and Caoilfhionn.  I did some teaching and a few passes with Elizabeth.  What started as an iffy night, turned into a pretty good night.  The practice continues to grow and grow which is amazing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment