Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Back in the saddle again

Since the move down to south jersey, I've been trying to get back to fencing. I hit the first bhakail practice after pennsic, had two bouts and I was done.  Eldrich and Morrwyl were teeing off on me. I was having issues even seeing them fire their shots until after they had buried them in my body. I was having shoulder/arm issues, so I called it an early night.

The following week I went to practice in settmour. What used to be a quick drive is now a long drive. I did get to fence some, but not as much as hoped. No issues except stamina.

I went back bhakail for practice but felt off.  I had the start of a migraine. I got some bouts in but not a lot.

Bhakail Commons is their rapier champions tourney. I felt good fencing there and was the top finisher in my pool. I fenced with the two hander or rapier. In the finals, Colin and I agreed to start single, then the loser would pick the best form until sometime win two bouts. I won the single bout, he chose buckler which he won, so I chose two handed sword for the final. Winning that bout made me champion of bhakail.

The following week I returned to settmour for Tuesday practice. Did pretty well there working in my game.

This week, I hit both settmour and bhakail. Not as much fencing as I'd have liked on Tuesday,  but had some nice passes. At bhakail, they had a round robin tournament going. I finished at the top with only a single loss. I fenced it all with rapier and dagger. Had some nice talks with people. I didn't have any ankle wrap with me so I'm hoping that it doesn't hurt tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment