Thursday, September 20, 2018

No practice this week

No practice this week due to celebrating teh Yom Kippour holiday and other issues.  Tuesday evening, I developed a migraine.  It was so bad not even a narcotic pain killer put a dent in it.  Add to that a knee that is still hurting, and I knew I was not going to make practice in Bhakail this week. 

Instead, we had a nice break-fast with Murray and Chrissy.  I made my version of eggs benedict:

  • Croissants
  • Prosciutto
  • Chipolte holindaise sauce
  • Poached eggs
We served it with cauliflower hashbrowns and prosciutto wrapped asparagus.  Dessert was some fresh berries:  Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries.  Overall, it was a nice evening.  I started feeling the migraine coming back, so I lowered the lights and took some meds.  Thankfully I stopped most of the symptoms and we were able to resume as normal. 

I got a decent night of sleep after watching Forged In Fire.  Evan work us up around 4:00, and Jennie went to comfort him.  He was worried all night someone was going to take his bunny away.  Its the one suffed animal he bonded with and we are not sure where this idea got into his head.  Unfortunately, I think he's inheritied some of my anxieties.

This weekend is River War in my home barony of Iron Bog.  Collin Monro is running his "Body Parts" tournament.  I think this is payback for my tournament idea at Bhakail Commons.  There will also be melees, as befitting a "war".  Let's see how my body holds up.  At least it is close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment