Friday, October 19, 2018

10/19/18

Well the knee is still bothering me.  I'm very thankful to my boss who told me: I don't care if you work from home all the time, do what you need to do.  Last night, I work up and had to go to the bathroom.  I stood up, took a step, and went crashing down.  Thankfully I landed on the bed, and not on the floor or on the dresser. 

I miss fencing.  I was tempted to go to Bhakail this week, but I had things to do and by the time we finished dinner, I was done.  I have not touched my swords or gear since River War except to wash what can be washed. 

I commented on a friend's post that one must allow themselves to suck.  It it the only way to get better.  I am realizing with even sometihng simple like walking, that I can't get frustrated at what I can't do, I have to embrace it for the things I can do at this time, and know it will get better.  I don't have a clue how long it is going to take me to heal up so I can resume normal daily activities, not to mention athletic pursuits.  I do know when I start fencing again, not an if but a when, that I will have to relearn from the ground up.  Hopefully, all those years of drills will come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment