Thursday, August 23, 2012

Good and Bad

So today has been a good and bad day...

Good:  Day off from work
Bad:    Had to take a sick day as I barely slept due to my back acting up.  I think this may be partially due to bowling on Saturday.  My ankle was bothering me Sunday to Tuesday and I was limping, which means I was not walking properly, which aggravated something in my back, and now I have strained the sacroiliac joint in my pelvis, and its mighty painful.

Good:  Made a leather piece for Malcolm's dagger to help protect his hand.
Bad:     Spilled green leather dye on my hand.  Got most of it off except around the nails

Good:  Going to practice tonight.
Bad:     Not going to be fencing due to the back.

Good:  Having Percocet for the back.
Bad:    Not able to drive to get a massage while on painkillers.

Good:  Order of exotic woods arrived.  (Yes, I have wood!)
Bad:    Not being able to take a piece down to the wood shop to make a handle out of it yet, due to being on painkillers and working with power tools.  Its just a bad combination.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking as somebody who's discovered that his back ache is the result of a multi-year degeneration (going back 5+ years is my best guess based on symptoms), go get your back looked at and possibly get an MRI which will reveal any issues with the discs or any stenosis

    ReplyDelete