Tuesday, August 14, 2012

On Weapons

So continuing the thread for stuff at Pennsic,

I picked up a new dagger, well acquired the guard in a trade for future considerations via Ray.  It matches my Darkwood rapier with the clam shell motif.  But Darkwood blades are so expensive so I got a blade, pommel, and grip for it from Zen Warrior (Triplette).  The grip is massive and long.  I'm going to have to do some work on it to get it to a profile I like.  The tang is long too, so I picked up a tap and die set last night from Harbor Freight so I can cut the tang down and put new threads on so it works better.  The dagger blade is much stiffer than the Alchem Safe-flex blade I am used to.

Speaking of my Alchem dagger, I loaned it to Ray during the terrain battle.  Someone chopped down at him and he used the blade to parry the shot (thankfully).  It cleaved the dagger blade in two.  It didn't pop the blade out of the mount it was epoxied into, but actually snapped the blade in two.  So I took the rig to Zen Warrior and had them mount a new dagger blade to the rig.  Again, its a lot stiffer than what I am used to.

On Friday, I picked up a new rapier blade from Darkwood to replace the Hanwei blade I had been using in my primary sword.  It originally came with a truck leaf spring thick Darkwood blade which I replaced with a Hanwei 43" blade.  I'm dropping the length down to a 38" blade.  We shall see how this works out.

So do I order a new dagger blade from Alchem?  Last time I ordered from them, I had to threaten a lawsuit to get what I ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment