Friday, August 24, 2012

Practice Report - 8/23/12

Last night had a good turnout for practice.  Too bad I was unable to fence.  Joining the usual attendees were Lord Po from Aethelmearc, Don Andre and Eldrich from Iron Bog, and a lady from CAID (who's name I did not catch).

For those who don't know, Lord Po is on a mission, assigned by the Queen of Aethelmearc, to secure words from 10 White Scarfs, OGRs, or their equivalent.  Last night, he was able to add three more signatures to his book, Sir Antonio, Don Andre, and Don Orlando.  He now only needs one more name to complete his quest.

Me, I was on the sidelines, spectating, wishing I could have been out there, but better to sacrifice a week than risk further injury.  I was showing off my wood yesterday.  It was in a box.  There were some really nice pieces that were delivered.  We'll be making a matched set of Redheart handles for Orlando.  Also going to making a set of handles for Firebow (not sure out of which wood).  We should be making the handles on Sunday, so if anyone wants to come over for a day of woodworking, let me know.  Oh, and I'm going to be picking up a band saw to help in this endeavor.

As for practice last night, it was good to see Jehane.  She had not fenced in about 6 months due to injury.  It was funny as she looked at Adam and Ralph, asking who they were.  These are our newest crop who have stuck with it.  Both are coming along nicely and having a lot of fun with it (since they keep returning).  I told them to read up on the rules, as they are both at the point where they are more than ready to authorize (I think).

In other news, I will be running fencing at White Mare's Bones in the Shire of Frosted Hills (Wappinger's Falls, NY) on Saturday, September 1st.  So come on out for a nice day by the river and fence your butt off. http://www.eastkingdom.org/EventDetails.html?eid=2288

No comments:

Post a Comment